Positioning and Fundraising:
- Context Analysis:
- Analyse the country’s Socio-economic situation, (donor) trends, needs and gaps;
- Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis, in particular who does what and where (3W)
- Alert the Country Director of gaps and emerging needs in order to trigger assessments in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of a country programme strategy in alignment with Young Aid International regional strategy;
- Assist the CD in identifying strategic opportunities for expanding Young Aid International’s work in the country;
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with donors and act as point of contact for all donor communication, including the coordination of donor visits in the field;
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups.
- Ensure the establishment and regular update of a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
- Lead the reporting to national and local authorities as required by Young Aid International’s registration/legal status in country;
- In the absence of Technical Coordinators, represent Young Aid International’s in key clusters, working groups and (I) NGO coordination bodies.
- Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting
- When any issue is identified in meeting deliverable in the given time frame and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek Young Aid International Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules.
- Ensure project kick-off and close out meetings are conducted for each project;
- Oversee the development of quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with Young Aid International GMU and finance, which will contribute ultimately to steady cash inflow;
- Liaise with FLATS teams when preparing reports, esp. with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
- Work in close relation with AMEU to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports;
- Update monthly the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with Young Aid International GMU;
- Ensure ad hoc requests from donors are addressed in liaison with the CD, Programme and support teams.
Management and Internal Coordination
- Liaise with partners to develop and sign relevant grant agreements in close coordination with Young Aid International’s GMU and finance;
- Ensure all potential partners have a clear understanding of what is expected in terms of reporting so as to comply with Young Aid International and donor requirements and regulations;
- Ensure partners report to Young Aid International in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
Internal Coordination and Communication:
- Ensure that staff in the department understands and is able to perform its roles and responsibilities;
- Manage a team of Project Development Officers, Interns and Assistants delineating their responsibilities and follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts between departmental staff members;
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management;
- Identify the PDD training needs, discuss plans with the coordination and HR for both internal and external trainings, and implement them according to PDD strategic and operational priorities;
- Coach, train, and mentor the PDD team with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the PDD team and providing professional development guidance.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing from the Base, to the Area, Capital, and even up to the regional offices by ensuring implementation of Young Aid International’s coordination mechanisms and dissemination to relevant staff;
- Ensure these meeting minutes are sent monthly to HO;
- Ensure regular and clear communication with Young Aid International’s GMU and finance to keep it updated about latest development, so that GMU can best advice you ahead of a task.
- Implement a filing system end ensure the proper filing of contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies.
- Oversee the PDD’s contributions to Young Aid International’s external communication strategy by feeding regularly Young Aid International’s HO Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for Young Aid International’s communication tools, including, but not limited to, Young Aid International’s Newsletter, websites and Young Aid International Annual Report;
- Ensure the continuum of PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project-specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring Young Aid International in the media;
Applicants should send their applications including cover letter and CV's and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
under Ref: YAI/NG/PCM/1707201902
or Click on the Apply Button Below, Fill all necessary dialog and Send Your Cover letter and CV on a PDF format.